Giving | The Dover Church
“It is more blessed to give than receive.” Not our words, but those of the Apostle Paul (Acts 20: 35).
In living the Christian life, we have found great blessings showered upon us in our life together as the Church. Moved to gratitude because of this overflowing abundance of love, we give back. As a Congregational Church within the United Church of Christ, The Dover Church is fully self-supporting.
Amid all the Covid-19 induced changes we have experienced at the church since the pandemic began, one of the great consistencies has been your financial support. We continue to receive donations from those who have pledged and from those who have not – we thank all of you! It is exciting to be able shift how we “do” church knowing your financial support continues to allow us to explore. new ways of practicing faith and building community.
Options for Making your Gift
- Further down this page there is a button labeled “Current Year Giving”. If you click on this button, you will be taken to a secure page where you can record your gift and the timing of its delivery.
- There are two additional secure technology-based methods that allow you to make donations easily from your phone or tablet.
- The first giving method is giving via a free mobile app called GivePlus+ which is available through Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play Store. Here is the link to Frequently Asked Questions about GivePlus+ and a step by step tutorial complete with screen images: https://giveplushelp.vancopayments.com/. Alternatively, you can learn about the app through a video here: https://vimeo.com/262292774.
- The second giving method is texting your gift to our unique Text To Give cell phone number: 508-300-9891. Open your message app, address your message to the phone number, enter your gift amount in the message space, hit send, and you’re done. A short video on how the Text To Give process works is here: https://vimeo.com/262291796.
- Of course you may continue to support the church in traditional ways by mailing your checks to P. O. Box 305, Dover MA 02030, placing a check in the offering plate on Sunday morning, or by giving online through our website: https://www.thedoverchurch.org/giving.
If you have any questions, please contact Nancy at 508-785-0957 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual Fund Pledging
Our annual financial operating budget is dependent on contributions from our members and friends. A pledge is your commitment to support our Annual Fund with a specific dollar gift.
Current Year Giving
Several times each year, we designate our Sunday collection to benefit a specific charity program.
Music is the sea on which our worship floats, warming our hearts and inspiring our life together at The Dover Church. If you love to sing or play an instrument, we have a place for you.
At the center of the Christian life is a commitment to justice in the service of the hungry, poor, sick and homeless. Each of us have our unique calling. Our Justice and Service Ministries are always evolving to match our gifts with the needs of our neighbors.