Clothing Drive for common cathedral | The Dover Church
News & Publications
This November, a group of The Dover Church’s high school and confirmation class youth will be heading to Boston Common to learn about homelessness and distribute clothing and food to those in need as part of common cathedral's CityReach program. (http://commoncathedral.org/cityreach)
Please consider donating any of the below items to support their efforts, and know that these items will go directly to those who need them most! common cathedral, our host in this effort, is an outdoor congregation serving the housed and un-housed, that shares God’s love through community, pastoral care, creative expression, and worship on Boston Common. They are non-proselytizing, ecumenical, and welcome all people.
Most Needed Items:
- All kinds of carrying cases such as backpacks, tote bags, fanny packs, small suitcases with wheels (new and gently used)
- Travel-size toiletries (nothing containing alcohol)
- New white socks
- New underwear for both men and women, and bras
- Sleeping bags & blankets (new and gently used, no stains please)
- Sweat shirts and sweat pants (especially hooded sweatshirts) (Please, no stains; gently used okay.)
Donations can be brought to The Dover Church, 17 Springdale Avenue, Dover, MA 02030 during business hours, Monday to Friday from 9 am until 3 pm, or on Sunday mornings. We will also have plastic bins outside our office wing door for donation drop offs after hours. Call the office, 508-785-0957, if you have questions. The Dover Church is an Open and Affirming congregation of the United Church of Christ. No matter where you are on life’s journey, you are welcome here.